You want to register for an examination? You need to find out when examinations take place? Or you have studied abroad for a semester and want to have the credits you earned recognized? These pages give you the most important information on the subject. 

Our contact person is also available to answer your questions in this regard: 


Register correctly using Curricula Support

To take part in an examination, you must register using Curricula Support in TUMonline. Registering for the course does not automatically register you for the exam.

Repeat examination

If you fail an examination, you must register again in order to complete the repeat examination.   

Examination period in the summer semester 2018

Examination period in the winter semester 2018/19

Good to know

Logo Mathe TUM Prüfungsausschuss

Examination Board for Mathematics

The Examination Board is responsible for all examinations in mathematical degree programs:
Chair: Prof. Dr. Rudi Zagst
Deputy Chair: Prof. Dr. Johannes Müller
Secretary for the bachelor's examination: Dr. Thomas Stolte
Secretary for the master's examination: Dr. Michael Ritter
Secretary for the TopMath degree program: Dr. Carl-Friedrich Kreiner

In case of queries and requests (e.g. regarding retrospective examination registration or withdrawal from examinations) please contact the relevant secretary or write to: pa (at) ma.tum.de 


What to do in case of illness?

Should you be prevented from taking part in an exam due to illness, you should see a doctor and get an official medical certificate. It is advisable to keep this document in case you fail to comply with the standard duration of your degree program.

If you are not enrolled in a mathematics degree course at TUM please note the information in case of illness at your department.

Transcript of Records (TOR)

Transcript of Records (TOR)

A transcript (also called academic transcript or transcript of records) is an official document in English and German showing:

  • A list of courses attended at TUM (lectures, seminars, etc.)
  • Number of ECTS credits per course
  • Grades earned
  • Grading table

It is valid without signature and stamp. In the rare case you need a signed and stamped ToR, you can request a signed and stamped Transcript of Records (ToR) here: Central Examination Office, Campus Garching, Boltzmannstr. 17, contact person: Hildegard Praegla. 

Credit transfer

Academic and Examination Regulations

The Academic and Examination Regulations at the Technical University of Munich provide the legal framework for your degree program. There you will find information on a range of topics including deadlines, minimum requirements, types of module examination, the thesis, and the format of the aptitude assessment. Should you have questions concerning the exam regulations, please consult a student academic advisor or the relevant secretary. You will find past regulations in the official announcements of the Technical University of Munich.

Please note: All official regulations for legal reasons are only available in German.