Current information regarding the Coronavirus
All important information are collected on our moodle infopage. Please log in to moodle using your TUMonline account and register for the course.
- TUM under minimum operation from 16 Dec 2020 to 10 Jan 2021 at all of our locations due to the nationwide lockdown. The Mathematics Informatics building will not be accessible to students. Employees will find details in the FAQ of the human resources department (ZA 2) (German only).
- Winter semester 2020/21: The lecture period lasts until 12 February 2021. Teaching is held digital. Current information about studies and teaching
- Contact tracing applies to break chains of infection. Further information
- Hygiene requirements: Within the university buildings, the use of a mouth and nose cover is mandatory on all traffic and meeting areas as well as in rest rooms. Further safety measures and regulations (German only)
You will find extensive information at tum.de - Coronavirus: Updates.
Despite the current corona pandemic and the associated restrictions, we are still available for you and your questions:
- For general questions and questions on examination regulations please contact us by email to bachelor (at) ma.tum.de or master (at) ma.tum.de.
- Counseling by phone or video conferencing is possible upon request.
- Your subject-specific study advisors, our international office and our career service can be reached by email. Counseling by phone or by video conferencing can be arranged upon request.
For students in one of our master's programs we offer an open consultation hour through video conferencing. The video conference on Zoom is open Fridays between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm. To enter the conference, you will need the password TUM-1868. As only one person at a time may enter the virtual counseling, you will be put into a waiting room first. Please wait there until we open the room for you. No video consultation hours from 22.12.20 - 06.01.21.
For students in our bachelor's program we offer an open consultation hour through video conferencing. The video conference on BigBlueButton is open Tuesdays between 14:00 and 16:00. As only one person at a time may enter the virtual counseling, you will be put into a waiting room first. Please wait there until we open the room for you.
Need some advice for structuring your learning in these challenging times? ProLehre is offering advice and workshops (some workshops are available in English).
For independent and confidential counseling concerning problems related to your studies as well as personal conflicts reach out to the Student Union's Psychotherapeutic and Psychosocial Advisory Service.
Examinations and Exam Inspections
Master: Introduction to Examinations Regulations
Introduction for our international students
With this recorded presentations we would like to welcome you at the Department of Mathematics. You will learn about the central services of TUM and get an insight into the German academic culture. We also provide some essential tips for your successful start of studies.
For getting to know other freshmen and international students (bachelor and master) visit our facebook group International Students and friends at Mathematics TUM.