Current information regarding the Coronavirus
All important information are collected on our moodle infopage. Please log in to moodle using your TUMonline account and register for the course.
- "3G rule": Access to TUM buildings only for students, employees and visitors who have been tested negative, vaccinated or have recovered. This rule does not apply to attendance examinations. Details for students and employees
- Self-tests for employees twice a week - Details on the ordering process (German only)
- Rapid tests for students and employees in the StudiTUM buildings (German only)
- Studying and teaching: Details on study, teaching and examinations
- Hygiene: Wearing a medical mask is mandatory. The mask may be taken off at fixed sitting, standing or working places if a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from other persons is maintained. Keep the minimum distance of 1.5 m, wash your hands and ventilate regularly. Details for students and employees
- Home office is possible, if suitability and duty operations permit. Details in the FAQ of the Human Resources Department (German only)
You will find extensive information at tum.de - Coronavirus: Updates.
Despite the current corona pandemic and the associated restrictions, we are still available for you and your questions:
- For general questions and questions on examination regulations please contact us by email to bachelor (at) ma.tum.de or master (at) ma.tum.de.
- Counseling by phone or video conferencing is possible upon request.
- The Infopoint, your subject-specific study advisors, our international office and our career service can be reached by email. Counseling by phone or by video conferencing can be arranged upon request.
For students in one of our master's programs we offer an open consultation hour through video conferencing. The video conference on Zoom is open Thursdays between 10:00 am and 11:00 pm. To enter the conference, you will need the password TUM-1868. As only one person at a time may enter the virtual counseling, you will be put into a waiting room first. Please wait there until we open the room for you.
For students in our bachelor's program we offer an open consultation hour through video conferencing. The video conference on Zoom (password 882715) is open Tuesdays between 14:00 and 16:00. As only one person at a time may enter the virtual counseling, you will be put into a waiting room first. Please wait there until we open the room for you.
Need some advice for structuring your learning in these challenging times? ProLehre is offering advice and workshops (some workshops are available in English).
For independent and confidential counseling concerning problems related to your studies as well as personal conflicts reach out to the Student Union's Psychotherapeutic and Psychosocial Advisory Service.
Master: Introduction to Examination Regulations
If you are starting with your master's program this winter, we have collected some important information for you in an introductory video. In addition, we will be offering an online Q&A session on zoom on Friday, 15 October at 16:00 Uhr (meeting ID: 627 3085 1885, passcode: 800384).
For links and additional materials please refer to our infopage on moodle. The slides for the above presentation, additional information sheets and slides specifically for the master's program "Mathematical Finance and Actuarial Science" are available there.
Introduction for our international students
With this recorded presentations we would like to welcome you at the Department of Mathematics. You will learn about the central services of TUM and get an insight into the German academic culture. We also provide some essential tips for your successful start of studies.
For getting to know other freshmen and international students (bachelor and master) visit our facebook group International Students and friends at Mathematics TUM.