Despite the current corona pandemic and the associated restrictions, we are still available for you and your questions:
- For general questions and questions on examination regulations please contact us by email to bachelor (at) ma.tum.de or master (at) ma.tum.de.
- Counseling by phone or video conferencing is possible upon request.
- Your subject-specific study advisors, our international office and our career service can be reached by email. Counseling by phone or by video conferencing can be arranged upon request.
For students in one of our master's programs we offer an open consultation hour through video conferencing. The video conference on Zoom is open Fridays between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm. To enter the conference, you will need the password TUM-1868. As only one person at a time may enter the virtual counseling, you will be put into a waiting room first. Please wait there until we open the room for you.
For students in our bachelor's program we offer an open consultation hour through video conferencing. The video conference on BigBlueButton is open Tuesdays between 14:00 and 16:00. As only one person at a time may enter the virtual counseling, you will be put into a waiting room first. Please wait there until we open the room for you.
Need some advice for structuring your learning in these challenging times? ProLehre is offering advice and workshops (some workshops are available in English).
For independent and confidential counseling concerning problems related to your studies as well as personal conflicts reach out to the Student Union's Psychotherapeutic and Psychosocial Advisory Service.
Now: virtual get-together for all math students - get to know your fellow students!
Wednesday at 18:00 on the following days:
- June 3rd and 17th
- July 1st, 15th and 29th
Meeting-ID: 969 8773 8638
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Examinations and Exam Inspections
- There will be no exams or exam inspections until further notice. Currently, no registration for these exams is possible.
- Seminars and workshops can start online from April 20th. Please contact your lecturer for more information.
- If and when examinations and exam inspections can take place is currently not foreseeable. New examination dates and registration deadline will be announced as soon as the situation allows for a reasonable planning (the announcement is made at least 14 days prior to the examination date). Currently, no exam registration is possible.
Mathematics examinations for mathematics students are announced at least 4 weeks in advance.
Minor Moduls - Retakes for the Winter Term 2019/20
For some of the elective minor modules in physics and computer science, some retakes for the exams of the winter term 2019/20 had to be cancelled due to the coronavirus situation. These retakes are tentatively scheduled starting in June 2020. For physics, the registration for the retakes is currently open on TUMonline. Please see TUMonline and the websites of the respective departments (physics, computer science) for details on the examinations.
Information on Exams in Summer Semester 2020
Here you can find the e-mail to all mathematics students dated May 29, 2020 which provide information on the examinations in the department of mathematics in the summer semester 2020 as well as on the retake examinations still to be taken for the winter semester 2019/20. In particular, you can find information about extension of deadlines after summer semester 20, GOP, voluntary exams - binding registration and withdrawal in due time, adaptation of the examination format
The regular study introductory days cannot take place due to the coronavirus pandemic. For those starting their studies in bachelor or master's program in the summer term 2020 we have collected some useful information here.
- information of the student union mathematics / physics / computer science
- manuals and video tutorials for TUMonline
- lectures, seminars and workshops for the summer term 2020
- the TUM campus
- facebook group International Students and friends at Mathematics TUM for getting to know other freshmen and international students (bachelor and master)
Master: Introduction to Examinations Regulations
We have collected some important information on the examination regulations on four info sheets. Sheets 2 to 4 are valid for all master's programs at the department of mathematics, for sheet 1 there is a separate version for "Mathematics in Data Science".
Introduction for our international students
With this recorded presentations we would like to welcome you at the Department of Mathematics. You will learn about the central services of TUM and get an insight into the German academic culture. We also provide some essential tips for your successful start of studies.
The first presentation addresses all our new international master's students, the second one is espacially for our exchange students.