Current information regarding the Coronavirus
All important information are collected on our moodle infopage. Please log in to moodle using your TUMonline account and register for the course.
- Home office is possible, if the suitability and service operation allow it. Details in the FAQ of the Human Resources Department (German only)
- Teaching: Hybrid teaching for best possible combination of safety, quality and accessibility. Current information about studies and teaching
- University library: We offer TUM members study desks in some branch libraries, a reservation in advance is required. Borrowing and returning are possible. Electronic media can be used. Library services
- Hygiene requirements: I n most areas of the university buildings, the use of a mouth and nose cover is mandatory. Further safety measures and regulations (German only)
TUM will remain closed to the public until further notice. You will find extensive information at tum.de - Coronavirus: Updates.
Despite the current corona pandemic and the associated restrictions, we are still available for you and your questions:
- For general questions and questions on examination regulations please contact us by email to bachelor (at) ma.tum.de or master (at) ma.tum.de.
- Counseling by phone or video conferencing is possible upon request.
- The Infopoint, your subject-specific study advisors, our international office and our career service can be reached by email. Counseling by phone or by video conferencing can be arranged upon request.
For students in one of our master's programs we offer an open consultation hour through video conferencing. The video conference on Zoom is open Fridays between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm. To enter the conference, you will need the password TUM-1868. As only one person at a time may enter the virtual counseling, you will be put into a waiting room first. Please wait there until we open the room for you.
For students in our bachelor's program we offer an open consultation hour through video conferencing. The video conference on BigBlueButton is open Tuesdays between 14:00 and 16:00. As only one person at a time may enter the virtual counseling, you will be put into a waiting room first. Please wait there until we open the room for you.
Need some advice for structuring your learning in these challenging times? ProLehre is offering advice and workshops (some workshops are available in English).
For independent and confidential counseling concerning problems related to your studies as well as personal conflicts reach out to the Student Union's Psychotherapeutic and Psychosocial Advisory Service.
Examinations and Exam Inspections
Master: Introduction to Examinations Regulations
Introduction for our international students
With this recorded presentations we would like to welcome you at the Department of Mathematics. You will learn about the central services of TUM and get an insight into the German academic culture. We also provide some essential tips for your successful start of studies.
For getting to know other freshmen and international students (bachelor and master) visit our facebook group International Students and friends at Mathematics TUM.