Graduate Service at Dean's Office
The complete administrative process to receive a doctoral degree at TUM has migrated to the database Doc-GS of TUM-GS. Therefore, if you are planning to work on a dissertation project with one of the department's supervisors, you need to apply for doctoral candidacy by registration on DocGS. Within this overall frame dean's office supplies support for the following areas:
- Enrollment on the doctoral candidacy list in combination with an application for the recognition of your foreign degree.This also applies to Austrian and Swiss masters!
- Application for a Doctoral Degree (Submissison of your Dissertation)
- Application for a Doctoral Degree with a publication-based dissertation
- How to make changes in your Doc-GS account.
- Please note the details concerning certified copies of your documents.
Which Version of the Regulations for the Award of Doctoral Degrees Applies?
- On March 12, 2012 a new version of the Regulations for the Award of Doctoral Degrees at TUM came into effect. This version applies automatically for candidates, who were enrolled into the department's doctoral candidacy list since March 12, 2012.
- For candidates, who were enrolled into the department's doctoral candidacy list before this date, the Regulations for the Award of Doctoral Degrees at TUM of 1 August 2001, as amended by the 8th Amendment Regulations apply.
- With the 2nd Amendment of the Regulations for the Award of Doctoral Degrees at TUM coming into effect on January 1, 2014, the complete administrative procedure to receive a doctoral degree at TUM migrates to the new platform DocGS as part of TUM-GS.
Faculty Board Meetings
The next faculty board meetings to hand in your applications are:
- June 6, 2018
- July 11, 2018
- The dates of the meetings for winter semester 2018/19 will be determined during the meeting on July 11 and will be announced on July 12.