TUM among the top 10 in Europe
THE Rankings 2022 released
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) has moved up in the respected THE World University Rankings and now counts as one of the 10 best universities in Europe. In the European Union, the top rankings are held by LMU Munich and TUM.
Munich's Universities lead in the EU
Compiled by the British magazine Times Higher Education (THE), the rankings take various factors into account: Scientists and scholars worldwide are surveyed on the research and teaching reputations of the universities. Other criteria include
- the number of publications per researcher,
- citations per publication,
- the teacher-student ratio,
- third-party funding raised from the private sector and
- the degree of internationalization.
TUM moved up again this year, advancing to number 38. As a result, the two Munich universities (LMU: 32nd) are the EU leaders in the rankings. On a Europe-wide basis, TUM is ranked 10th.