Top Results for the Math Department
CHE- and QS-Ranking in 2018
Every three years, the Centrum für Hochschulentwicklung (CHE) evaluates subjects at more than 330 high schools in Germany. The evaluation covers over 20 categoreis and divides these into three groups.
The TUM Department of Mathematics is in the top group of the CHE-Ranking 2018 for:
- general study situation
- support when starting studies
- teaching offered
- organisation of studies
- scientific value
- international orientation
- support for studies abroad
QS World University Ranking
In the renowned World University Ranking 2018 of the british recruitment agency QS, the Technical University of Munich achieved place 61, and is one of the top german Universities listed.
In the ranking according to subject 2018, natural sciences at the TUM achieve a good 20th placing. Within this, the Maths Department occupies 50th place, together with the University College London (UCL) and the National Taiwan University. This result puts the TUM in 3rd place within all German Universities, after only the Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität in Bonn and the Technical University of Berlin.
Four criteria form the basis for the evaluation:
- academic reputation of the university
- reputation as employer
- number of cited studies
- the so-called H-Index. This measures the productivit and influence of a scientist, group or university based on cited publications.
QS weights the criteria differently each year: Methodology 2018
Results of the high school rankings in detail
- CHE-high school rankings in ZEIT Campus Online
TUM Department of Mathematics in the CHE-Ranking
- QS World University Rankings® 2019
- QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018: Mathematics
Further ranking results of the Technical University of Munich can be found under: The TUM in Rankings.