Global Challenges for Women in Math Science
The program Global Challenges for Women in Math Science aims at promoting and demonstrating excellency of female mathematicians as well as developing international contacts and cooperations. There are two award categories, each with different levels - the Achievement and the Entrepreneurial Awards.
Achievement Awards for female Bachelors' Students
The best female students in Bachelors' program recieve:
- 1rst Year: Book or software
- 2nd Year: Refund for a software course
- 3rd Year: Refund for an international Summer School for Bachelor students
Achievement Awards for female Masters' Students
The best female students in Masters' program recieve:
- 1rst Year: Refund for a workshop or an international Summer School
- 2nd Year: Refund for an international conference
Every year, we also award the Entrepreneurial Awards to female and male lecturers as part of the Global Challenges for Women in Math Science. Doctoral candidates can apply for the Junior Level; Post-docs, Professors and other faculty members can apply for both the Junior and Senior levels suitable to the described objectives. The awards to which both male and female candidates may apply are marked with " (m/f) ".
Junior Entrepreneurial Awards
Doctoral candidates can recieve the following awards:
- Presentation of research results at an international conference
- Research stay at an international research institution
- Research stay at the TUM Center for Mathematics
- Invitation of a female mathematician for a short research stay of max. 1 month to the TUM Mathematics Department (m/f)
- Financial support for an international female doctoral candidate (m/f)
Senior Entrepreneurial Awards
Postdocs, Professors and other members of the Department can apply for these prices:
- Research stay at an international research institution (max. 2 months)
- Invitation of an international female mathematician for a research stay of max. 2 month (m/f)
- Financial support for an application to an international granting agency
- Organisation of a workshop for female mathematicians (m/f)
We look forward to receiving your application for the Entrepreneurial Awards of the Global Challenges for Women program in Math Science. Send your documents by e-mail to Prof. Claudia Czado.
- Project's description and motivation (1-2 pages)
- Invitation letter and guest researcher's CV (if applicable)
- Conference or workshop program (if applicable)
- Reference letter
- Budget plan with estimated costs
Applications must be submitted by December 1st of each year. The selection is made before the Christmas Holidays.