Current information regarding the Coronavirus
- "3G rule": Only students and visitors with proof of negative testing, vaccination or convalescence have access to the TUM buildings. This does not apply for employees and on-campus exams.
- Self-tests for students during the exam period: With your Student Card you can pick up free self-tests.
- Self-tests for employees twice a week - Details on the ordering process (German only)
- Rapid tests for students and employees in the StudiTUM buildings (German only)
- Studying and teaching: Details on study, teaching and examinations
- Hygiene: Wearing a mask is mandatory. Keep the minimum distance of 1.5 m, wash your hands and ventilate regularly. Details for students and employees
- Home office is possible, if suitability and duty operations permit. Details in the FAQ of the Human Resources Department (German only)
You will find extensive information at tum.de - Coronavirus: Updates.
The Department of Mathematics on the Research Campus in Garching plays a central role at the TUM. We are on the front line in important contemporary research and offer our students a solid and modern mathematics education – within our department, in engineering subjects and for teacher training courses.
Mathematics research on the interface between theory and applications is our mission. We offer a wide variety of opportunities, from fundamental areas of pure maths to mathematical applications in engineering, computer science, life sciences and much more.
Our study programs
In a modern society, mathematics is about much more than proving theorems and making calculations. It is about connecting, delving into modern technologies, and putting current research results into the context of concrete applications. It it about understanding on a high and a low level. Our range of study courses offer a wide and practically orientated spectrum.
Our department offers numerous programs for the general public. Alongside many programs for schools, the mathematics exhibition ix-quadrat is a particular highlight. Here one can get to grips with mathematics at first hand.
We are international! Our department is open for incoming students of all nationalities. And we actively support our students in planning and organising trips and study periods abroad.
The Collaborative Research Center Discretization in Geometry and Dynamics builds a bridge between basic geometric research and analytical dynamics. Since 2012, the German Research Foundation has been funding the project with around 20 million euros.