Current information regarding the Coronavirus
- Home office is possible, if the suitability and service operation allow it. Details in the FAQ of the Human Resources Department (German only)
- Teaching in the winter semester 2020/21: Teaching is held digital. Examination deadlines will be extended. The lecture period lasts until 12 February 2021. Current information about studies and teaching
- The university library is closed. Electronic media can be used. Library services
- Hygiene requirements: I n most areas of the university buildings, the use of a mouth and nose cover is mandatory. Further safety measures and regulations (German only)
TUM will remain closed to the public until further notice. You will find extensive information at tum.de - Coronavirus: Updates.
The Department of Mathematics on the Research Campus in Garching plays a central role at the TUM. We are on the front line in important contemporary research and offer our students a solid and modern mathematics education – within our department, in engineering subjects and for teacher training courses.
Mathematics research on the interface between theory and applications is our mission. We offer a wide variety of opportunities, from fundamental areas of pure maths to mathematical applications in engineering, computer science, life sciences and much more.
Our study programs
In a modern society, mathematics is about much more than proving theorems and making calculations. It is about connecting, delving into modern technologies, and putting current research results into the context of concrete applications. It it about understanding on a high and a low level. Our range of study courses offer a wide and practically orientated spectrum.
Our department offers numerous programs for the general public. Alongside many programs for schools, the mathematics exhibition ix-quadrat is a particular highlight. Here one can get to grips with mathematics at first hand.
We are international! Our department is open for incoming students of all nationalities. And we actively support our students in planning and organising trips and study periods abroad.
The Collaborative Research Center Discretization in Geometry and Dynamics builds a bridge between basic geometric research and analytical dynamics. Since 2012, the German Research Foundation has been funding the project with around 20 million euros.
Joint Academy of Doctoral Studies: Call for proposals
- 26. April 2021 16:00 – 17:00 Gidi Amir (Bar-Ilan University): TBa