The Department of Mathematics on the Research Campus in Garching plays a central role at the TUM. We are on the front line in important contemporary research and offer our students a solid and modern mathematics education – within our department, in engineering subjects and for teacher training courses.
Mathematics research on the interface between theory and applications is our mission. We offer a wide variety of opportunities, from fundamental areas of pure maths to mathematical applications in engineering, computer science, life sciences and much more.
Our study programs
In a modern society, mathematics is about much more than proving theorems and making calculations. It is about connecting, delving into modern technologies, and putting current research results into the context of concrete applications. It it about understanding on a high and a low level. Our range of study courses offer a wide and practically orientated spectrum.
The SFB Discretization in Geometry and Dynamics has started it’s second research period. The Collaborative Research Center, which is supported by the DFG, builds bridges between fundamental research in geometry and analytical dynamics. The applications are manifold and stretch from visualisation, over architectural issues and on to deeper understanding of molecular dynamics.
- 27. September 2018 15:00 – 16:00 Rangel Baldasso (Bar Ilan University): TBA
- 15. Oktober 2018 16:15 – 17:30 Katie Fitch (TUM): tba
- 15. Oktober 2018 16:30 – 17:30 Benedikt Stufler (University of Zurich): TBA
- 22. Oktober 2018 16:15 – 17:30 Alexandra Neamtu (TUM): tba
- 22. Oktober 2018 16:30 – 17:30 Timo Hirscher (Stockholm University): TBA
- 29. Oktober 2018 16:15 – 17:30 Tobias Hurth (EPFL, Schweiz): tba