Current information regarding the Coronavirus can be found at tum.de - Coronavirus: Updates.
The Department of Mathematics on the Research Campus in Garching plays a central role at the TUM. We are on the front line in important contemporary research and offer our students a solid and modern mathematics education – within our department, in engineering subjects and for teacher training courses.
Mathematics research on the interface between theory and applications is our mission. We offer a wide variety of opportunities, from fundamental areas of pure mathematics to mathematical applications in engineering, computer science, life sciences and much more.
Our study programs
In a modern society, mathematics is about much more than proving theorems and making calculations. It is about connecting, delving into modern technologies, and putting current research results into the context of concrete applications. It it about understanding on a high and a low level. Our range of study courses offer a wide and practically orientated spectrum.
Our department offers numerous programs for the general public. Alongside many programs for schools, the mathematics exhibition ix-quadrat is a particular highlight. Here one can get to grips with mathematics at first hand.
We are international! Our department is open for incoming students of all nationalities. And we actively support our students in planning and organising trips and study periods abroad.
The Collaborative Research Center Discretization in Geometry and Dynamics builds a bridge between basic geometric research and analytical dynamics. Since 2012, the German Research Foundation has been funding the project with around 20 million euros.
Workshop: Mathematical Modeling and Scientific Computing
Event series: The 7 great adventures in mathematics
- 30. Mai 2022 14:15 – 15:00 Raghu Nandan Sengupta, IIT Kanpur, India: Bi-Objective Reliability Based Design Optimization: Applications in Portfolio Investment
- 30. Mai 2022 15:00 – 15:45 Artur Sepp, Sygnum Bank, Zurich: Modeling Implied Volatility Surfaces of Crypto Options
- 30. Mai 2022 16:00 – 16:45 Peter Grosskopf, Co-Founder/CTO at Unstoppable Finance: Web3 and the Future of Banking
- 31. Mai 2022 16:00 – 17:00 Stefan Klus: Data-driven analysis of complex dynamical systems
- 1. Juni 2022 12:15 – 13:15 Jack Kuipers (ETH Zürich): t.b.a.
- 1. Juni 2022 13:00 – 14:00 Mark Peletier: How GENERIC arises from upscaling a Hamiltonian system