Current information regarding the Coronavirus
- Studying and teaching: FFP2 mask obligation for students in all rooms and buildings of the TUM and test obligation starting from a 7-day incidence over 50 - Details to study, teaching and examinations
- Current hygiene requirements: Mask obligation in all rooms, apart from the workplace. If a minimum distance of 1.5 m cannot be maintained, a medical or FFP2 mask must also be worn there. Current rules and safety precautions for working in university buildings and FAQs.
- Rapid tests for students and employees: free rapid test in StudiTUM buildings (German only)
- Home office is possible, if suitability and duty operations permit. Details in the FAQ of the Human Resources Department (German only)
- Self-tests for employees: all employees in attendance are entitled to a self-test twice a week. Details on the ordering process (German only)
TUM will remain closed to the public until further notice. You will find extensive information at tum.de - Coronavirus: Updates.
The Department of Mathematics on the Research Campus in Garching plays a central role at the TUM. We are on the front line in important contemporary research and offer our students a solid and modern mathematics education – within our department, in engineering subjects and for teacher training courses.
Mathematics research on the interface between theory and applications is our mission. We offer a wide variety of opportunities, from fundamental areas of pure maths to mathematical applications in engineering, computer science, life sciences and much more.
Our study programs
In a modern society, mathematics is about much more than proving theorems and making calculations. It is about connecting, delving into modern technologies, and putting current research results into the context of concrete applications. It it about understanding on a high and a low level. Our range of study courses offer a wide and practically orientated spectrum.
Our department offers numerous programs for the general public. Alongside many programs for schools, the mathematics exhibition ix-quadrat is a particular highlight. Here one can get to grips with mathematics at first hand.
We are international! Our department is open for incoming students of all nationalities. And we actively support our students in planning and organising trips and study periods abroad.
The Collaborative Research Center Discretization in Geometry and Dynamics builds a bridge between basic geometric research and analytical dynamics. Since 2012, the German Research Foundation has been funding the project with around 20 million euros.
- 21. Juni 2021 15:00 – 16:00 Jean Daniel Mukam (TU Chemnitz): A Magnus-type integrator for semilinear parabolic non-autonomous SPDEs
- 21. Juni 2021 16:00 – 17:00 Rémy Poudevigne-Auboiron (University of Cambridge): Monotonicity and phase transition for the edge-reinforced random walk
- 28. Juni 2021 16:00 – 17:00 Jan Korbel: Thermodynamics of structure-forming systems (J. Korbel, S. Lindner, R. Hanel, S. Thurner)
- 28. Juni 2021 16:00 – 17:00 Eugene Lytvynov (Swansea University): Orthogonal polynomials of Lévy white noise and umbral calculus