Workshop on Numerical Methods for Optimal Control and Inverse Problems
March 03 - 05, 2014
Garching by Munich
Optimization and inverse problems belong to the fastest growing areas in
applied mathematics in the last decades. On one hand, groundbreaking
achievements in the field of numerical solution techniques for differential and
integral equations have enabled the simulation of highly complex real world
scenarios, thus the logical next step is the optimization of these systems or
the identification of quantities inaccessible to direct observations.
On the other hand, the increasing number of innovative techniques, e.g., in
medical imaging or in industrial processing results in a need for enhanced
optimization and identification methods. Motivated by the obvious close
methodological relation between optimization and identification, the aim of
this workshop is bringing together people developing and analyzing numerical
methods for these kinds of problems. Moreover, we wish to stimulate discussions
on mathematical and computational challenges, which are arising in new
applications ranging from geophysics to medical imaging.
Programme and timetable:
- Abstract submission: January 15, 2014
- Notification of acceptance: January 31, 2014
- Deadline early registration (receipt of payment): February 7, 2014
- Early registration: 160 EUR
- Early registration for students: 80 EUR
- Late registration: 250 EUR
- TUM members: free but registration by February 7, 2014 necessary
- Conference dinner for TUM members and accompanying persons: 40 EUR
The registration fee includes all coffee breaks and the workshop dinner on Monday evening.
Please transfer the fee to:
| Staatsoberkasse Augsburg für TUM
| Bayerische Landesbank
| Bank identification code:
|| 700 500 00
| Account number:
|| 2 48 66
|| DE 107 005 000 000 000 24866
| Swift/BIC Code:
| Reason for payment:
|| PK 00 02 01 57 34 85 + your name
If you withdraw from registration after February 7, 2014 we will retain a processing fee of 30 EUR for students, 60 EUR for full-paying participants.
- Travelling by public transport: It takes 25 min by Underground from Marienplatz (town center of Munich) to the Garching campus. (No. U6 to the terminal “Garching-Forschungszentrum” (= Garching research center))
- Coming from Munich Airport:
- Take the S-Bahn (suburban railway) S1 to Neufahrn, then switch to the bus No. 690
- take the S8 as far as Ismaning, change then to bus No. 230.
- It is possible to book a room in the hotels
- Hotel am Park in Garching
or in Garching Hochbrück:
- Etap Hotel
- Motel One
- Ibis Hotel
All hotels are directly located at subway stops ("Garching" and "Garching Hochbrück" respectively).
We recommend to book rooms early.
Technische Universität München
Secretary Chair of Numerical Mathematics
85748 Garching by Munich, Germany
Former conferences in this series: