Workshop on Numerical Methods for Optimal Control and Inverse Problems
March 14 - 16, 2011
Garching by Munich
Optimization and inverse problems belong to the fastest growing areas in
applied mathematics in the last decades. On one hand, groundbreaking
achievements in the field of numerical solution techniques for differential and
integral equations have enabled the simulation of highly complex real world
scenarios, thus the logically next step is the optimization of these systems or
the identification of quantities inaccessible to direct observations.
On the other hand, the increasing number of innovative techniques, e.g., in
medical imaging or in industrial processing results in a need for enhanced
optimization and identification methods. Motivated by the obvious close
methodological relation between optimization and identification, the aim of
this workshop is bringing together people developing and analyzing numerical
methods for these kinds of problems. Moreover, we wish to stimulate discussions
on mathematical and computational challenges, which are arising in new
applications ranging from geophysics to medical imaging.
Programme and timetable:
- Room H.E.008
- Leibnitz-Rechenzentrum (LRZ)
- Boltzmannstraße 1
- 85748 Garching by Munich
- Abstract submission: January 21, 2011
- Notification of acceptance: January 31, 2011
- Deadline early registration fee: February 18, 2011
- Early registration: 120 EUR
- Regular registration: 150 EUR
- Student registration: 60 EUR
- Bank account:
- Staatsoberkasse Bayern für TUM
- Bayerische Landesbank
- Bank identification code: 700 500 00
- Account number: 2 48 66
- IBAN: DE 107 005 000 000 000 24866
- Swift/Bic-Code: BYLADEMM
- Reason for payment: 00 02 01 57 34 85 + your name
The registration fee includes all coffee breaks and the workshop dinner on Monday evening.
- Travelling by public transport: It takes 25 min by Underground from Marienplatz to the Garching campus
(No. U6 to the terminal “Garching-Forschungszentrum” (= Garching research center)).
- Coming from Munich Airport:
- Take the S-Bahn (suburban railway) S1 to Neufahrn, then switch to the bus No. 690
- take the S8 as far as Ismaning, change then to bus No. 230.
- It is possible to book a room in the hotels Hotel Hoyacker Hof and Hotel am Park in Garching for 75 EUR per night (breakfast buffet included) using the key word “OCIP 2011”.
- Further accomodation suppliers can be found here.
Technische Universität München
Secretary Chair of Numerical Mathematics
85748 Garching by Munich, Germany